Research & Articles
- Read this study entitled: Persistent Genital Arousal Disorder as a Dissociative Trauma Related Condition Treated with Brainspotting – A Successful Case Report here
- Read about the use of Brainspotting with a victim of the terrorist attacks at the Bataclan in Paris, France in November 2015 here
- The German Brainspotting research from Stemmler, Eichman and Grand has just been published in the peer-reviewed Mediterranean Journal of Clinical Psychology here
- Read about Brainspotting’s use with children and adolescents here.
- A randomized clinical trial was done comparing dual attention, eye movements and exposure only during eye movement desensitization and reprocessing for PTSD. Check it out here.
- Read about how panic attacks are treated with Vergence Therapy in this article
- Rocky Mountain Brainspotting Institute featured in the Boulder Daily Camera‘s Nonprofit Spotlight. Take a look!
- Brainspotting is being used with adults affected by the tragedy in Sandy Hook. Find out more in this article.
- We hope you’ll find this article of interest. In it Colorado’s Paige Roberts shares about Brainspotting with head injuries and sport’s performance in Ski Racing magazine.
- We have uploaded a recent paper published in 2015 by F.M. Corrigan, David Grand, and R. Raju that describes the medical hypothesis for Brainspotting. The article is titled, Brainspotting: Sustained attention, spinothalamic tracts, thalamocortical processing, and the healing adaptive orientation truncated by traumatic experience.
- This is a Spanish study from 2015: Effective treatments for generalized anxiety disorder.
- Hildebrand, A., Grand, D., & Stemmler, M. (2014). A preliminary study of the efficacy of Brainspotting: a new therapy approach for the treatment of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Institute of Psychology, Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen Nuremberg, Version:14.1129.05.2012.
- Beyond the Self. Healing Emotional Trauma and Brainspotting. by Mario Salvador. (2017, 2019) Eleftheria, Barcelona
- The Power of Brainspotting: An International Anthology
by Gerhard Wolfrum (Editor). Tasanger, 2018.
To Order in English: Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form
- Brainspotting with Young People: An Adventure into the Mind
by Mark Grixi and Rosanna Dean (illustrator). Sattva, 2015.
- Brainspotting: The Revolutionary New Therapy for Rapid and Effective Change
by David Grand. Sounds True, 2013.
- 8 Keys to Brain-Body Balance (8 Keys to Mental Health)
by Robert Scaer and Babette Rothschild. Kindle eBook, 2012.
- This is Your Brain on Sports: Beating Blocks, Slumps and Performance Anxiety for Good!
by Dr. David Grand and Dr. Alan Goldberg. Dog Ear Publishing, 2011.
- Deb Antinori’s podcast “Coping with Existential Trauma” focused on COVID-19, hosted by Kathryn Guylay: https://makeeverythingfun.com/radio/e080-deb-antinori/
- Mountain Mantras podcast with Kathryn Kemp Guylay: Episodes 66-74 and more to come with Jenn DeLorenzo, Paige Roberts, Santiago Brand, Jessica Crowley, Beth Medina, Thad Frye and Cindy J. Smith: https://
- David Grand on Insights from the Edge podcast with Tami Simon: https://www.soundstrue.
com/store/weeklywisdom/?page= single&category=IATE&episode= 7221
- Recovery Unscripted Podcast: Brainspotting for Hidden Trauma. Guests Joanne Mednick and Mike Beychok: https://www.
foundationsrecoverynetwork. com/recovery-unscripted- podcast/brainspotting-for- hidden-trauma/
- Therapy Chat; Episode 109 with Beth Medina: http://
baltimoreannapolispsychotherap ypodcast.libsyn.com/109- brainspotting-with-beth-medina
- The Trauma Therapist podcast with Guy Macpherson, guest Dr. David Grand: https://www.
- Parent Child Relationship Institute podcast; hosted by Selma Bacevac and guest Beth Medina: https://www.
parentchildrelationshipinstitu te.com/single-post/2018/04/12/ Podcast-Episode-15- Brainspotting-and-Trauma- Treatment-with-Beth-Wombough- Medina-LMHC