Welcome to Rocky Mountain Brainspotting Institute!
The Rocky Mountain Brainspotting Institute (RMBI) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that was created to promote and advance the use of Brainspotting, an emerging new treatment in psychotherapy. We are a professional association of psychotherapists who use Brainspotting in our practices.
- To Support and Enhance the Psychological and Physical Health and Well Being of the Community at the Highest Level
- To Deepen and Expand the Potential of Brainspotting with Other Healing Modalities.
- To be a Leader in providing education and information regarding the field of Brainspotting and in coordinating trainings and workshops for members and the public.
- To uphold Ethical Standards.
- To perform Outreach Services.
Brainspotting (BSP) uses a Mind/Body approach to psychotherapy that evolved from Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) and the Somatic Experiencing (SE) Traditions. Upsetting memories are stored deep within the brain and the body. BSP helps to release these stressors because it works from the deeper level of the autonomic nervous system and within the limbic system in the brain. Brainspotting is an effective and efficient healing modality that can be used with children, adolescents and adults and has been beneficial with all types of performance work and spiritual development. Read More